Monday, September 22, 2014

Painting such joy


My latest painting I finished in August.  My daughter asked me years ago, when I picked up a paint brush again, if I would paint her a fairy painting.  So, I've been thinking what I would paint, grand schemes of a fairy filled jungle with intricate flowers and vines came to mind.  These seemed unreachable as I am not that talented.  So I decided to draw one day and this is what I came up with. Several months later I was taking care of a friends house for them and got 5 hours away from the house/kids to paint at her empty quiet house.  It was pure joy, a refilling of me time I needed.  I am happy with the painting and my daughter loved it! 

I know I need more time for me away being creative, being something other then a mother.  Even if it is painting for my daughter...

I love being a mommy and a wife but lately I have been thinking I need just me doing what I want time alone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment