Friday, November 14, 2014

The fall months

I haven't blogged in a long time and I think of so many things to write.  I missed a blog about our trip to Ontario.  Maybe because I miss my family so much and maybe, just a little, I wish we lived there.  But I've been out west now for nearly as long as I lived in Ontario. 

Things are busy these days with three growing kids.  I looked at my youngest today and thought where has the last three years gone!... 

We are in the blows of winter already and so I'm going to reminisce on our beautiful we had.

The kids were back to school in September.   Meatball in grade 4 (Wow!!!) and sweat pea in grade 2.





We grew a vegetable garden this year and it was a great joy planting and harvesting with the kids.  We grew broccoli (big hit), kale, tomatoes, green beans, carrots, lettuce and strawberries. It  was a good learning curve for me.  I really enjoyed it.  The fall came the end of it.
Along the way I gave away lots of tomatoes.  I bought some tomatoes from a local farmer and made a really really big batch of spaghetti sauce(or 3 large ziplocs full)!




While the big kids are gone to school all day I get to (entertain) I mean play with bubby.  He is really into doing puzzles, and building his big legos.  I think lego may be on the list this Christmas for all kids. 

Halloween was fun.  We did pumpkins and roasted seeds to eat and of course went out for 1hr and a half in the rain to get candy.  Bubby loved getting candy this year.  We were all tired at the end.
Now winter is blowing outside and I am trying and I'm trying to make some plans for myself to keep the crazies away.  I foresee more painting, scrapbooking and sewing in the near future.  

Today we all went and got our flu vaccines since Grandma and Grandpa are coming for Christmas.  The kids got a simple nose spray but daddy and I got the needle.  Not so bad after all.  Hoping the kids are not to whiny and achy this weekend from it.  But we want to make sure we don't get Grandpa sick while he is here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment